Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Apollo: Through the Eyes of the Astronauts

I just received my copy of Apollo: Through the Eyes of the Astronauts. Haven't read it yet, but I ordered it for the pictures, not the reading, and I am suitably impressed. One could easily wish the book were twice, or four, or ten, times as long, but, well, wow.

I can still clearly remember a day in elementary school when one of the moon missions was due to launch, and I pleaded with the teacher to let us watch the launch on television – to no avail. I still find that situation unfathomable, and I'm not sure I ever did get to watch a launch live.

1 comment:

  1. Susan G.10:23 AM CDT

    There is always the hope that you will find yourself in FL to watch a launch. You are still young and who knows your services might sned you down there to work!

    ReplyDelete